About Nature Academy
In response to requests from teachers looking for ways to integrate outdoor and experiential education into their everyday lessons, EcoSpark developed Nature Academy — a professional development and coaching program that provides upper elementary and secondary school teachers with the knowledge, field skills and follow-up support needed to do exactly that.
Through one-day workshops, up to two hours of personal coaching and unlimited access to fellow educators through an online community, Nature Academy will help you:
- Use nearby nature! Workshops are designed to be replicated at your school — no busses required
- Develop field-based skills that you can pass on to your students: tree identification, butterfly tagging, stream sampling and more
- Engage your students with timely, place-based issues in science and geography
- Excel in the Teamwork and Leadership and Curriculum and Ecological Literacy areas of the Ontario EcoSchools program
- Connect with like-minded educators across the province and take away tons of ideas, resources and equipment
- Support STEM education and meet STSE expectations in your classroom
Use the menu to the left to discover the variety of topics that Nature Academy workshops cover.
In helping you (and your students), Nature Academy is also helping EcoSpark to advance its important work in communities and with schools! Nature Academy is a social enterprise; workshop fees enable EcoSpark to continue to offer programs like Changing Currents
to GTA schools at a highly reduced cost.
For more information about Nature Academy, please contact us
Thank you for your interest in Nature Academy! We hope to see you in the field!